Ideas for Conversations
Nerd Camp is all about the conversations between attendees. To help generate some ideas, consider the following questions:
- What is something new I've tried recently that others might want to know about?
- What is something I've heard about but I'm not sure how to make it work in my setting?
- Am I ready for the new ELA curriculum?
- What do I need to learn about Truth and Reconciliation in education?
- Do I need help with title selection?
- Do I need to learn more about culturally responsive teaching? About trauma-informed teaching?
- Do I need help with teaching reading? Writing? Speaking? Listening? Content-area literacies?
- What am I passionate about in education?
- Have I found success in taking research-supported approaches and putting them into practice?
- Is my district adopting a new technology/pedagogy/model that I need help making work?